Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just put in my new engine a 305 to 350 swap. We had an issue with the timing when we finally got it to start it idiled perfect when I go to drive it it bogs and shakes the car then it dies or sometimes it runs but real slow and crappy if any one has any idea please let me know...Thank you, oh and if you need any more info let me know

·
Registered
172 Posts
hey brian, first off , i am definitely not an engine expert by any means, but , i just fixed an issue with my 327 that had been giving me a fit for a while. it was similar to yours, car ran good at idle , then ran like pure crap in gear. turned out to be it needed a valve adjustment. have you tried a vacuum test on it yet? mine would jump steadily from about 12- 17 . after i adjusted valves, it sits rock steady at 19 now. not sure if this is your problem or not, just sharing what fixed similar problem. good luck !

·
Registered
366 Posts
Where is your timing set now, how are the floats set in then carb., is the choke opening all the way?

Dan E.
69 SS396 4spd. 4.10 posi. x66 coupe

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its tbi timing i'm not sure not the greatest at timing my uncle did it. for some reason i can rebuild an engine but cant get timing right. but I tried vac test it came out perfect

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
set the timing with the brown pigtail wire disconnected, or your timing will be way off.what kind of car?usually the est wire disconnected will change base timing 4 to 6 deg if not mistaken.if you set the timing with the est wire connected b ut to the factory number, you are actually setting it 4 to 6 deg retarded.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts