Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a good engine shop in Brainerd Mn area? Have a good friend with a 350 that needs to be "freshened". He has a 68 Camaro that ran 12.4's 4 years ago and has slowed a little each year since. It ran 12.9 this past July and he wants to have it checked out and rebuilt as needed. Hey Click, any contacts on Brainerd speed shops? Anyone else?
Thanks

·
Retired
16,016 Posts
Yep John, Pat Besmehn South Side Auto about a mile south of the Ramada (was Holiday Inn). 218-829-0361 he builds and rebuilds alot for North Central Speeday cars and is good old school hard worker. I use him for my mechanical stuff when it needs to go up in the air. He also installed my cast iron intake and new Qjet. +++AAA in my book.

·
Premium Member
6,583 Posts
I would also suggest Randy Torvinen at 218-564-5385 He has an awesome shop with a dyno to run the engine and tune it to max spec. He is in Menagha, MN which is about an hour to the NW of Brainerd. Does alot of Round track cars and strip racers. He is going to do my 67 z/28 302 engine.

·
Retired
16,016 Posts
I heard about Randy too, good reports about his work but Ive never met him yet and its about 70 miles from Brd. to him. Call em up and interview them. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts