·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black or chevy orange????

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
What color are you painting the car? Are you painting the engine bay body color or matte black?

My engine is 2003 Corvette Torch red.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Gotta be Chevy Orange

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car is Butternut yellow, blk vinyl top, under firewall and all suspension is chassis black and por-15 semi gloss. I think I'll go with Orange.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Chevy Orange.

I also put clear coat over the chevy orange.

Engine

That's an aluminum Edelbrock performer manifold. I didn't like the look of the aluminum, so I painted it too.

Wife had to take paint cans away from me cause I started heading toward her 2001

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I also vote for Chevy Orange.

Don't spend a lot of time painting the sides of the block though because you'll never see it once the engine is together :D I like to put a few extra coats on the front around the timing chain cover where you can see it . . .

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
come on eric, don't you sometimes just lay under your car looking up at the motor? you can really see the sides then. or is that just me?

definately chevy orange. my motor is all orange, even the nice aluminum intake. as for natural aluminum, just a set of factory z-28 valve covers and i couldn't bring myself to paint the heads, but i seriously considered it. can you tell i used to do some street racing :D

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
Thought Id throw these pics out there for you. I had my new cast iron intake blasted, then I etched it with POR Metal Ready then 2 coats of POR chevy orange, then 2 coats of clear. So far Im very happy with the results and no peeling yet either. Just another option for ya

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Paint it black it will look much cleaner and go along with the rest of your car. Yellow and orange do not go together. I am a detail freak, so that is the stand point I am coming from. If you are looking for a factory look then maybe orange. The only way I would have an orange engine is if my car was orange (white with orange stripes or black with orange stripes you get my drift).

·
Premium Member
6,541 Posts
Orange is the way to go. That would look clean and nice.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Originally posted by 68rs406:
come on eric, don't you sometimes just lay under your car looking up at the motor? you can really see the sides then. or is that just me?

Sshhhhh. Don't tell anyone . . . they'll think I'm weeeeird or sumptin'

·
Registered
631 Posts
I was all set to paint my 350 block Chevy Orange(69 Camaro). I got the bright idea of going to a car show and looking at all the cars strictly from the standpoint of engine block color (esp. the Chevys of course). After looking at about 100 cars, silver looked the best to me. It seemed to complement chrome parts real well. Of course, if you're not using much chrome, orange might be better. I painted my block silver using POR 15 engine paint. I don't have it in the car yet so I can't tell you the final outcome. Just my .02
John

·
Registered
91 Posts
I vote for Chevy Orange.

Jerry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts