Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was an engine compartment light available with a 1969 Z28 cowl induction hood? I've got a 69 Z28 that has had some extensive work, but many things missing. I bought an engine compartment light, but when I went to install it I realized that there was no mounting location for it. I've looked at several books trying to get to the bottom of it, but to no avail. I see that in small block applications the correct location is slightly to the driver's side, up about 2". On my hood though, there is no pod or screw holes to mount it in... Is a 1969 Z28 doomed to have a dark engine compartment?

------------------
Shawn Peterson
1969 Z28, 406SB

·
Registered
460 Posts
Shawn, your not doomed. Do you have a assembly manual. I don't have mine in front of me but there is no hole from the factory because location depended on options. There are two or three different locations depending on V8 or 6cyl or air conditioning. I can give the info Monday if no one with a 69 manual can help by then. In fact its all measurements so it would be easier to fax the page or something.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be a great help. It's a plain vanilla 69 Z28. No AC of course, and the cowl induction hood is bare right now. The induction hardware and pad are all off of it. There are no indications of a place for the light, I've seen where it goes on the typical SB, but mine has no recessed area like others I've seen. If you get ambitious and want to fax a diagram, my fax is 303-684-1133. Thanks.

------------------
Shawn Peterson
1969 Z28, 406SB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts