Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

If I drive around in my '67 camaro everything is fine but if I take a u turn or a fast corner, my engine wants to shut down. And it is hard to start again after it shuts down. I think maybe there is something wrong with the fuel lines? I have a holley electric fuel pump, so normally this would be ok?

best regards, Joeri (Belgium)

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I would expect to see the same thing.......low fuel level.......way low.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
i had a similar things and after it died it would take a while to start until one day it didnt start at all. i had it towed to a repair shop and they said it was the ignition module. they replaced it and it was solved.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Holley put the dual feed center hung float bowls on hi-po carbs because the side hung bowls would lower the fuel level when turning one way and raise the level turning the other way. What carb do you have? A high float level might spill fuel thru the vent tube and flood the motor during spirited driving. Hard starting from flooded motor?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will change the fuel filter and see if the problem remains...

thanks for the response everyone!

best regards, Joeri

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
On a long drive home in my 69 123S Volvo, 20 below in a snow storm, every time I took a right corner the engine would cut out and about quit. Finally I had to pull over and discovered the distributer was loose. I can only imagine that the centrifugal force of a right corner weighted the plug wires just enough to turn the distributer, yet it would return to the proper position while travelling in a straight line or through a left turn - LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts