Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone tell me what circuits are part of each harness? I have my motor out and was thinking of addressing some nasty wiring in the engine bay. I was contemplating just doing the engine harness with the american autowire factory fit. But I'd like to know what circuits are on that harness before I purchase. There is so much cutting/splicing and wrapping with my current wiring, I don't know what is part of my light harness versus the engine harness. I have an automatic, V8, with no factory gauges(aftermarket gauges have been added).
Thanks,
Greg

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Depends on which product line. The Factory fit product line is designed to replace the OEM harness exactly, and usually includes both sides of the engine bay connection for the lighting and engine side of the bulkhead connector, but you can order then as separate. The Factory Fit line in general is minimal in what you have to terminate or crimp yourself, as it comes with 99% of the terminations in place.

If you are going with Classic Update series product line and also changing out the fuse panel and dash harness you can get options for HEI, electric choke etc. on the engine side of the harness. You can also have them custom the connections for single wire alternator on either side of the engine. o if going that route it is a good idea to call them and order exactly what you want custom, and where and that way you have no questions. The staff at American Auto Wire is top notch..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts