Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have determined most of the info for the engine in my 67. It is Casting number 3970010 and cast date of Feb 22 1974 with a build date of March 18th. The suffix is CKD, which was used in many applications, so I can't narrow it down unless someone knows what line the partial VIN is from. That is 444274.
It has been rebuilt and has a remanufacturer serial number stamped in it, so it may be rebuilt to correct specs for the car, but I am curious what it came out of.
Thanks....;)

·
Registered
298 Posts
What are the letter and numbers in front of 444274. Both Corvette and Chevelle/Monte had vins start at 4XXXXX. The Corvette was only made in S (St. Louis)

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's all there is on the front pad. I will check tomorrow to see if there is anything stamped by the filter.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's from a Chevelle or Monte Carlo. (No "CKD" prefix for the 74 Vette.)

Ed
Thanks, Ed. I'll have to drop the pan to see if it's a 2 or 4 bolt main. The drain plug is stripped and leaking, so I may just do that soon.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Mitch you don't need to bother dropping the pan. The 74 "CKD" 350/160 was a 2 bolt block. They also make an insert that you can use to "fix" stripped threads. Check with your local FLAPS (Favorite Local Auto Parts Store).

Ed

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mitch you don't need to bother dropping the pan. The 74 "CKD" 350/160 was a 2 bolt block. They also make an insert that you can use to "fix" stripped threads. Check with your local FLAPS (Favorite Local Auto Parts Store).

Ed
Yup, that was my thought too....;) Most of the "smogger" era engines weren't anything special. The pan is bent at the plug from bottoming out and already has a replacement repair plug that has a smaller pipe plug in the center to drain it. I should just look for a good used pan to throw on some time. Summer is slooooooooowly getting to the north country and we will have swap meets in a couple months.....:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts