Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine mock-up...what degree should it sit in the engine compartment???

I'm building an engine stand that will allow me to start and break-in engines before they are put in the car. It seems to me that when you put an angle finder on the carb part of the manifold, it's supposed to sit at a certain degree (angle). Does anyone know what that is???? In other words, engine don't sit perfectly parallel, they sit back a few degrees but I don't know just how much. Thanks!!!

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Re: Engine mock-up...what degree should it sit in the engine compartment???

I think all you have to do is make sure the intake top is level just like stock b/c they are made angled to compensate for engine rearward tilt/decline...

pdq67

·
Registered
5,277 Posts

I agree. The intake should be tilted to compensate.

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts

1st-Gen Camaro V-8's were installed with the crank centerline 3 degrees down. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
440 Posts

If you can't find the answer your looking for call a reputable engine shop with a dyno (speed-o-motive, nelson racing engines, Beck racing engines, etc) and ask them. Who better to ask then the ones that do it everyday. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
374 Posts

top of intake should be close to level. Mine is 1° down in front but it's a tube chassis with a crank centerline 11'' from the ground.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts