Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 454 high compression engine, everytime I slow to make a turn my engine stalls. Any ideas as to what could casue this.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Do you have a brake booster? If so have you checked your vacuum? I had to install a vacuum canister so i maintain enough engine vacuum when i use my power brakes. It needed more air to idle normally when i used my brakes. Not sure if that is your issue or not but may be something to check if you havent. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
iRe: engine stalling

Sorry I forgot to mention I have a 68 rs camaro. Drum brakes on all 4.thanks for your input.
Terry

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Well my first thought would be fuel starvation or a loose coil wire but the devil is in the details Terry.
Does she stall before the start of the actual turn or does she stall IN the turn? If only in the turn, is it better or worse or the same in left or right turns.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just installed a new coil, engine still stalling. Im also thinking it might be fuel starvation. Im going to replace my mechanical fuel pump with an electrical.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot to mention that as im makeing the turn thats when engine stalls, I did a burn out a while back, the car spinned through frist gear, when I shifted to second it died!!!.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts