Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get an engine stand for a small block chevy but want to have the ability to install the tranny on it as well. The usual engine stands scare the crap out of me. I just dont like the four front bolts with everything else hanging approach!! I have seen some engine stands out there that connect to the engine pad but they also hook to the front two bellhousing bolts holes too. I want to get a stand that allows me to still rest on the engine pads but will be stable enough to allow me to connect a full tranny setup to it as well. I dont have a lift in my garage so installing the engine and tranny all set up and together would be a major plus to me. Anyone know of companies and products that sell this sort of stand?? Oh and if it is all one piece instead of two pieces that would be good since I plan on installing heavy duty casters to it for ease of mobility. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
I've built most of my engine storage cradles from square tube stock and some fabricated pieces of 1 1/2~2" angle stock.
But, you can buy a pretty nice one from Wizard Auto Tools out here in Grass Valley (okay - stop with the Calif 'grass' jokes...),CA.
Their web address is - www.wizardautotools.com -
I've had several friends order from them and their stuff looks very nice :thumbsup:

Hope this helps and others chime in with suppliers;
John

·
Registered
786 Posts
I made my own, kinda like the ones the vintage gave a link to. Except, it mounts to the mounting pads like you mentioned. All it is is two upside down T's. They bolt to the engine pads and have casters. I have it bolted to a spare block right now. With it bolting to the pads, it leaves me the ability to mount the tranny. If you want, I can snap some pics tonight for you. I used some old 1 or 2 inch pipe and scrap angle iron. The key is getting the balance right, so w/o the tranny or with it attached, it doesnt tilt forward or backwards. Not to hard.

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
I bolted my Motofeet to a pallet with casters on it many years ago so I can do just what you want to do - install the flywheel, clutch, bellhousing, and transmission on the engine as one unit; makes it handy to roll around the garage and out of the way when I'm not working on it.

:beers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts