Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of putting a 350 into my camaro(1969). my goal is to be able to smoke my friends import. Right now the car has an m21 and im not sure on the gears, but what are some good suggestions on gears and parts for the 350 to get as much power as i can. I want to keep my 4sp, and i rather the car be quicker than have the top speed be 150. Also i dont have thousands to spend so my goals may be too high, but im tired of my camaro being slow.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Assuming you already have the 350 block I'd suggest buying a rotating assemby with 3.75" crank and 0.030 over bore to make it a 383. Rear gear in the 3.73 to 4.10 range. Properly tuned you'll blow off >95% of the imports on the street. It'll be a torque monster. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
A 250 horse shot of nitrous ought to match anything he has. Just do not use it often or for very long or your motor will be scarp.

If you have any other aspirations; we can help you with suggestions to modify your cars overall performance. But if all you want is shock and awe, I recommend the direct approach over finesse. It is cheaper and faster, offering immediate gratification until the pistons shatter, the rods come through the block, and the tranny twists itself into several unrecognizable pieces.

Larger Dave

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot for the help i think i will go with making it into a 383. Also i would love to put nitrous on it, but im sure my dumbass would screw my engine up and i would be left with another 69 camaro shell with no motor or tranny.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cause im dumb and to verify this would be what was recommended right?

383ci Rotating Assembly
2-piece rear main seal
4.030'' bore x 3.750'' stroke
5.700'' rod length
-18cc inverted dome pistons
Comp Ratios
10.0:1 with 58cc
9.7:1 with 64cc
8.7:1 with 76cc

(note: i chose the wrong hobby for the amount of money i make)

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
PHAT, search ebay for 383 stroker kits and there is several on there with everything needed to convert yours to a 383 for under $500. just remember to get it balanced. If you go the 383 route, go ahead and spend the $150 extra to get it internally balanced. My experience with strokers leads me to believing the engine will last longer...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts