Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi camaro people,
I have a 2000 camaro V-6 and I want to put the new ZL-1 motor in it and I was wondering if that is possible or not? If it is possible would I have to change out the tranny and rear end and radiator?

·
Super Moderator
32,338 Posts
You would need a lot of parts as in starting with a bare engine.
New brackets for the accessories, new engine mounts, new engine harness, Trans to fit along with shifter, driveshaft swapout/custom make one, radiator, the list goes on.

Not saying it cannot be done, anything can be done, just a matter of time and money.
Lose interest, then you have a pile of parts.
Could be better off buying another V8 4th Gen.

Welcome to the Club, Michael.

89 Posts
Like everett said, anything is possible but it would probably be cheaper and easier to get a LS1 4th gen and modify it to 560hp like the LSA. keep in mind the 4thgen is 400-600lbs lighter than the 5thgen. You could take a ZL1 with less hp. I don't blame you, i love to have an LSA also but they are SO expensive!! Check out this link. http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/ltx-lsx/679817-lsa-91-camaro.html It's not a 4th gen but still worth a look.

You could also put a wicked turbo set up on that 3.8L and really surprise people. Especially the ZL1 owners.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts