Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1996 chevy camaro rs v6 3.8 that i recently bought for my wife
and i have been searching online for a cheap cold air intake that will fit the car without any problems! the only sites i have found here recently are to exspensive for my blood:mad: what kind of stuff do they have for a 3.8
now days? i know what people are thinking Damn Mods for a v6..lol..well like i said it is my wifes and hey they want speed also..lol..well a little anyways. i just dont want to spend $200-300 for a intake i already have several rides which all have alot put into them already. i was thinking about just puting a cold air intake on it and a set of 80 series flowmasters?:thumbsup: what do yall think? give me some ideas people i appreciate it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I found one from VolAire, but that was like $200. Pretty much any CAI you find will be about that much.

For ideas specific to the L36, go to pfyc.com, zzperformance.com, wbodystore.com. They'll give you an idea of whats available for these cars. Also, some components of the LS/LT crowd may be interchangeable with cars like ours.

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hello all i was wondering if autozone carried the stuff i would need to make a custom cold air intake? its for my wifes car? any further ideas would be greatly appreciated!!! like i have stated several times in my forum i am fairly new to the 1996 chevy camaro rs v6 3800 coupe i personly own v8s myself but thought it was a good investment and would make a good car for my wife so i bought it for her. ive been considering putting a set of 80 series flowmasters on it does anyone know if they are a good brand? and what would it run me? what would they sound like on a v6..lol.. hey again its for my wife folks........:thumbsup:

·
Registered
65 Posts
hello all i was wondering if autozone carried the stuff i would need to make a custom cold air intake? its for my wifes car? any further ideas would be greatly appreciated!!! like i have stated several times in my forum i am fairly new to the 1996 chevy camaro rs v6 3800 coupe i personly own v8s myself but thought it was a good investment and would make a good car for my wife so i bought it for her. ive been considering putting a set of 80 series flowmasters on it does anyone know if they are a good brand? and what would it run me? what would they sound like on a v6..lol.. hey again its for my wife folks........:thumbsup:
From all of what I read, Home Depot, et al., has what you need. PVC for the intake tube, rubber trash cans for the heat shield, rubber grommets to seal the IAC/IAT, hack saws and dremels, paint, heat insulation...pretty much everything BUT the filter. PM me again for some write-ups specific to the Grand Prix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts