Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took my car to the 1/4 mile tracks when there wasn't any races just to see how my stock 95 camaro would do when i mash out at the start the tyres burn or two secs causeing me to finish at 14, i want to get rid of the burn out, i have 16" bf at the back! help!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
This problem happens with everyone, it just matter how much money you want to spend to fix it. I think slicks are the easiest way to fix this problem, of course only at the track though. For a good pair of Mickey Thompson ET's it will be around 300 bucks. Just look in like Summit or one of the performance catalogs. Something that is rather cheap and would help your handling and traction would be a rear suspension package. In my Summit catalog there is, in the chassis section, a Hotchkis Performance rear suspension package for 317.95. It is all black powdercoated and loks sweet. I actually thin kthis would be a better way to go since it will help on the street and strip, and imporove handling, for like 20 bucks more than slicks. Consider this package!

·
Registered
27 Posts
i assume "14" is your time ? if that was your first time thats probably pretty good with a stock z. this is one of those things that only practice makes perfect. try different rpm's at launch, NO water burnouts with street tires, just spin them a little to clean them off

·
Registered
820 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts