Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to doing my exhaust soon. I seen some with the exhaust going out the back and some dumped right after the rear wheels. Mine currently has it going out the back but it paid a price. Looks as if when they installed it, they crimped it pretty good on the drivers side. Looking for different photos from the rear and underneath if running out the back. Dumping it behind the wheels pretty much eliminates the crimping I think.

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
how cool, an excuse to put up some pics of my refurbed exhaust system, not to mention motivation to take them!

This is a 6 year old flowmaster american thunder system. I took it down, cleaned it up, smoothed the old welds, repainted it, repolished the tips, and replaced the flow delta 40's with a pair of Borlas, attached with SS band clamps. Not how nicely the system tucks up under the car, and how well the Hotchkiss vert brace fits under the pipes.

Those tailpipes can be bought separately for around a hundred.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice Jim. Your third picture shows how it should be ran. Mine is all pinched in that area. I like the Hotchkis brace also. Bolt on?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Jim,

What model Borla's did you put on? Do you have any sound clips? I'd like to compare them to UltraFlo's.

Thanks,
Marc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts