Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in putting together an exahaust system for my '73 Camaro. For headers I was thinking of going with Thorley, Hedman Elites, or Stan's Headers. However I also found Summit's stainless steel headers for '67-'69 camaros and wonder if they would fit a '73? I am also in the market for some mufflers; Hooker Aeros, Dynomax super turbos, and Spintech are the ones I am considering. I like the Flowmaster's sound outside of my car, but not in it. I want something nice that fits easily under the hood with out breaking my budget. If anybody has any suggestions or advice on which they would choose, and why, please leave a response. Thanks

-----------------
1973 RS LT Z28 Camaro w/ turbo 400

·
Registered
81 Posts
Try a DR.Gas cross over from your headers,then by the rear section from torque tech,also sold at Dr. Gas.I have this set up on my 71 and it fit and sounds great.

------------------
71 camaro 540 CI Th/400 3500stall,Cal-Tracs,4:10,1050 Dom on Pump Gas.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I have a friend with a 72 Firebird. He bought the Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust system with Delta Flow mufflers. These are supposed to be much quieter than the old style Flowmasters. He also bought Hedman headers. I believe Hooker Competition Series headers are designed for 67-81 Camaros. I would check their website to be sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the Dynomax ceramic headers on my '70 and really like them. The fit right, install easily, and look good. I also have the Dynomax super turbo mufflers and they sound real nice. A little bit of resonance, but not bad.

[This message has been edited by 70Coupe (edited 03-14-2002).]

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
I would go with Hooker ceramic coated Competition Headers. I tried the POS Dynomax. You get what you pay for.

------------------
69 Camaro Z28 "clone" - 327 AT
"461" camel back heads,
edelbrock, hooker, ultradyne,
TRW etc.
700R4 TPI transmission

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
try the flowmaster exhaust kit with the crossflow muffler, and get an X-pipe. i have this setup on my Nova with Hedman hedders, and it sounds killer. pretty quiet inside the car, as well- and i have very little sound deadener.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16X8" IROC wheels. 12" Corvette brakes on the way.
see pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.