Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I posted a request for information regarding exhaust manifold heat shield rivets. You can buy repop heat shields from GM but they do not sell the correct replacement rivet nor do other vendors. I recieved many e-mails suggesting manufacturers to call but just last week while under the hood of my '99 Tahoe I happened to look at the exhaust manifold and was stunned to see the same rivets used that I need for my '69. Any way I purchased them through GM parts. The part number is 10229247. About .36 cents each, and are hammer into place. Drill out the old using a letter number 38 drill. I put them on today and they are a perfect match... Wow how lucky was that....E-mail me if you want to see the finished product....

Wacky

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
You can remove the old rivits with out damaging them then reinstall them with red loc-tite. I have never had them come back out. Last set I put in like this have about 100,000 miles on them.

For the price though it's nice to know that new ones can be bought. I think I will buy about $5.00 worth so I have a nice stock of them. Thanks for the tip.

Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe Harrison (edited 06-22-2002).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.