Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've driven my recently acquired '69 Z/28 a few times now and have decided that I do NOT like the sound of chambered exhaust. My car is original and I want to keep it that way (ie. exhaust manifolds). Since my car is a 5D build, I know that it didn't originally come with chambered pipes.
So, does anyone have the Gardner original type exhaust on their car? How do you like the fit and sound?
I'm not looking for an exhaust system that is too loud or too quiet.
Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I just installed the IMCO system on my'68Z from Rick's. It fit perfectly, right out of the box and matched all of the assembly manual dimensions. I added Hooker Super Comps. and a crossover and I love it! This is one area where I couldn't really decide what to do at the end of the restoration project, so I did this as a cheap temporary fix. I really like it and it gets great compliments from all who hear it. I have no plans to change until it wears out…ok maybe a Dr. Gas X pipe! E-mail me if you'd like and I'll send you a quick sound clip.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.
Hello again Tim. I've never heard the Gardner deep tone but I knew they make an excellent exhaust system. I just need to save a few more (a LOT more) dollars and replace this chambered with the Gardner.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have Gardner on my 427 67 Chevelle and you can actually talk to people in the car on the highway or turn the tunes off and it's quiet. It will have the sound that a stock car had back then.
Roger

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
I have chambered on my 427, and they are WAY LOUD!
I have only driven it with the windshield out, and no sound deadener or carpet, but I have a feeling conversation at 3000 RPM will be out of the question.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called Gardner today and placed my order for the deep tone exhaust without the resonators. Should be here in about 4 weeks. Can't wait to jack up the car and start wrenching :D .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.