Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get a quieter system!! I have an LS1 with exhaust manifolds going thru 3 inch pipes to a 3 inch dual mufflers. The mufflers are 10 year old 50 series flowmasters followed by over the axle 3 inch pipes leading to 4" inch megaphone style tail pipes exiting out under the rear bumper. This system is obnoxious at cruise speeds even in 6th gear. Really bad in 4th gear. This is the same exhaust I had with my big block with headers. Both engines are loud with this setup. Do you think removing the 4 inch tail pipes would help? This system is completely welded from the manifolds back and is all stainless, so I am hesitant to trash it. Are the newer delta flowmasters any quieter?

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
My grandfather had a similar problem (same mufflers), but the whole system was different. Anyway, all he did was weld in a couple Dynomax race muffler (Bullet muffler, or something like that), as far back on the exhaust system as possible. It still retains the flowaster sound, the the resonance is gone. Not sure if there is room for this on a Camaro, though.

I'd say most to all of your problem is the 3" pipes. Do you have a crossover system?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts