Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing my stock exhaust on my all original 80 Z28 which has a 2 inch single cat, then exits through dual resonators. This must be very restrictive.

The new exhaust is true dual 2 and 1/2 inch deltaflow flowmaster system off of the stock manifolds with a custom x-pipe, less the cats. What kind of HP increase should I expect? Thanks.

·
Retired
26,951 Posts
Don't expect too much... Your 80 "Z" isn't a very powerful beast as it was born at the height of the smog motor era. Don't get me wrong you might notice it a bit getting on the freeway but stop light to stop light you'll be wondering why you did the swap.

I don't know what NY smog laws are but here in CA without the cat you won't pass the visual on your bianual inspection. I would recomend a set of smog legal headers dumping into a "Y" pipe into a performance cat back to a 1 in 2 out muffler. If you have a few extra dollars, headers into dual performance cats and then dual mufflers... In either case 2 1/2" pipe before the mufflers is good and about 2" out the back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts