Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day guys ! Falling in love with the 68 camaro and was after information for exporting one to Australia. Does anyone know who exports, and whats involved. I know there are some business that charge to check out cars and give a report but I havent been refered to any as of yet. Thanks for the help guys, look forward to being a regular on the site :yes:

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
No im sorry but you cannot export ANY of our 1st gen Camaros. There was a bill passed called the Camaro conservation act and it prohibits exports of Camaros to foreign lands. Sorry, Maybe you might be interested in a nice Nova or Vega?

Thanks for your interest. Come again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No im sorry but you cannot export ANY of our 1st gen Camaros. There was a bill passed called the Camaro conservation act and it prohibits exports of Camaros to foreign lands. Sorry, Maybe you might be interested in a nice Nova or Vega?

Wow are you serious ? Well importers are bringing them in.... so I dont know how :confused: There are a few here already but was debating the price difference and value of importing.

·
Registered
263 Posts

:D I thought they amended that bill and now any 1st gen withOUT wing windows can be exported....:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol ohh dam funny :D Well now ill have to get 2 of em in via my secret ways :sad: I know how you guys feel, id hate to see our muscle cars go bye bye but yours are a lot cheaper then ours.....

·
Registered
158 Posts
Im just waiting for my 68 RS/SS to land in New Zealand in the next 5 days cant wait, have waited for this vehicle to arrive for the last 8 weeks.

My understanding is when u import the vehicle into Australia you have to convert it to RHD is this correct.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Adrian, I'm just about to ship my 67 from Miami to Perth. You need to get an Vehicle Import permit from Dept. of Transport in Canberra before you can start the process and that will take up to three weeks to receive if you have all the relevant documentation. Send me a pm if you want more info.
cheers Bernie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im just waiting for my 68 RS/SS to land in New Zealand in the next 5 days cant wait, have waited for this vehicle to arrive for the last 8 weeks.

My understanding is when u import the vehicle into Australia you have to convert it to RHD is this correct.
Nahh you dont which is great !! They said as long as the car is older than 30 years then it doesn have to be done. It took 8 weeks for your car to come in ? This isnt to bad but man, I imagine how many sleepless nights you have had dreaming about your new toy in your garage !!!
Out of curiousity mate, how much do you think you saved importing your own car ? Im still debating whats better to do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Adrian, I'm just about to ship my 67 from Miami to Perth. You need to get an Vehicle Import permit from Dept. of Transport in Canberra before you can start the process and that will take up to three weeks to receive if you have all the relevant documentation. Send me a pm if you want more info.
cheers Bernie
Cheers Bernie
I appriciate your time on that mate. I spent the day calling up every where to get all the information and documents. Im all set up now :hurray: As i asked the last person, why did you choose to import rather than buy one already here ? Do you think its worth it ?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey Bernie:
So you got the 67, Congratulations! I’m surprised shipping it to Miami got you the best deal. What is it, 5 weeks and counting till it lands in Australia? I hope it is even better then you expect!
Gary

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi Gary, yes got the car and it goes this week to Miami. The better deal fell through as the shopping line discontinued out of Savannah. Customs holds car for up to a week before it leaves and hopefully six to seven weeks to its landing. It has a tracking system so I can keep an eye on its progress. We had to do brake and muffler work to get it roadworthy but is now a goer. Will post pics when it's here.
Cheers Bernie

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
Im just waiting for my 68 RS/SS to land in New Zealand in the next 5 days cant wait
Is it coming in thru Auckland?
If so want to drop in here for a coffee..we are about 3 mins from the motorway and 10 from the airport
If u want to contact...not sure if email is in profile...emails in posts cause spam
But if u go to www.kakariki.net top left contact web master that will come to me
I ran into another member down the Beach hop the other weekend

Yep Kiwi members here are meeting up to

1 - 13 of 13 Posts