Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys I am restoring a 67 Camaro cloning to a SS,I got a new main wiring harness and console gauge harness,I have everything installed in the dash and have an extra connector.Its a black 2 lug(--) with 2 pink wires on one side and a light green wire on the other side,Its around the gauge cluster steering column area.Is this for a column shift backup lights and unused with a floor shift,There is a connector for the backup light switch on the console harness,did i miss something or is this just an extra connector?It may not even be for backup lights.Im stumped,Please help!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
on a 67 that may be connector for back up lights. it is supposed to be purple and light green. but aftermarket wires they may have it colored it wrong. see if pink or purple is hot. if it is take a wire with a 10 amp fuse and hook it to light green wire and see if reverse lights come on with key on also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,Thanks for the fast reply.I don't have power yet,but I'll be moving to the under hood wiring monday.If the console connector and the one in the dash both work I guess i should just tape the dash one back out of the way?Thanks again,J.W.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts