Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Retired
16,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found an extra solenoid mounted on top of my washer motor. It has two wires that tap off leads going to the motor. On the side of this unit is one vacuum type male outlet. There is currently no hose coming off it so Im not sure what it is for. Is it for headlight washer hose? Where would it pull the fluid from as there dont appear to be any other suction points on the unit unless its under the solenoid base which is part of the whole motor assembly.
Im amazed at the little stuff that is found on an older car

click

------------------
69RS 350/255 LM1,TH350,Dover White,Blue Vinyl top
F&R spoilers,pdb,ps,am/fm,4.10 Posi.,A/C,
fold down rear seat.
My RS www.brainerd.net/~knudsen/69RS

·
Retired
16,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Jeff.. Nope my washers are not even there. Someone along the line took them off. Probably while working the car over.. I now found a broken off male hose nozzle below the one that I can see. Im thinking there are parts missing from the squirter solenoid that would lead up to my headlight washers if I had them.

Now I guess I need to find that solenoid part somewhere with all the hose connections intact and a set of washers too. It never ends does it?

------------------
fold down rear seat.

·
Registered
871 Posts
My RS/SS is missing the headlight washer solenoid and nozzles also. I've tried to locate one but with no luck, they aren't reproduced. If you happen to locate any solenoids let me know, I'd like to have one.

------------------
Dave
'69 Z11 Pace Car, 350/4 speed, manual top, console w/gauges, tilt rosewood wheel, AM radio

·
3,176 Posts
Rick's carries the nozzles/harness/hose set and nozzle hardware. Not sure on the solenoid I have two of them but ones a back up for when the org one dies (sorry). You can call them and ask if they have one since they do deal with harder to find items or check out the post on the N Texas members. One of the places they are recommending might be able to find a good solenoid for you.

------------------
Jeff 67/68 & 69 RS's
65 442 www.hobbystage.net/camaro/hawaiiancamaro

·
Registered
193 Posts
The RS washer pumps are YERY RARE! If you find one, be prepaired to pay over $250.00.
You can not get new parts.

·
Retired
16,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now I add the washer solenoid setup to my list of 'needs' when I find a parts car or a swap meet somewhere.. The master pump works ok so hopefully all I need is the solenoid diverter and the washers. Heck, its only money right?

click

------------------
fold down rear seat.

·
Retired
16,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
10-4 good buddy, got it, already emailed that guy earlier, will let you know what I find out.
Tanks
click

------------------
fold down rear seat.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good luck finding that one.
I have a dollar that says you won't find it in the next 12 months.
Its just one of those parts.
Heck I don't even know if my rs has the solenoid.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Click...you have mail..... I know a guy who has one of these...if you are interested.

Here is a picture of what Click is refering to...

------------------
Steve - Central Ohio Camaro Club
'69 Camaro RS/SS-350 - Daytona Yellow
'95 Camaro Z-28 - Sebring Silver
click here to see my webpage ---> My Camaros (updated 3/7/02)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts