Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight at 9:00 EST on the "HGTV - House & Garden TV" cable channel, they will re-broadcast the "Extreme Garage" show; this one-hour show has tours of seven or eight of the most expensive, fantastic garages you've ever seen. Will also be repeated at midnight. The link below has a preview of the show, with a couple of pictures of each garage in the show.
http://www.hgtv.com/HGTV/episode/0,1101,BDRE_episode_16622,FF.html

------------------
JohnZ
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've seen that before, none of those guys seem to be the greasy fingers type though.

I'm still jealous of those garages though.

------------------
57 Plymouth Savoy in my family since new, just cosmetically restored, 93 S-10 waiting on the 80 Dodge Lil' red Express clone truck to be built then one s_10 for sale, Angie's mechanic and designated Vette cusser.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Just what I need - a high bar to shoot for! Well, I am finally in a position to get myself a lift which will make my garage a dream garage.
John, thanks for the alert. Thanks, too, for a previous post on the fender covers Griot's carries. I ordered three of them for presents ( one to myself ).

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,M20,4.10's and I don't worry about stone chips.

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Charley -

Wouldn't be caught dead watching HGTV, except for this show - my wife told me about it!

Rick -

My wife got me two more of the Griot's fender covers for Christmas - they are THE BEST! (so is she
)

------------------
JohnZ
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have an extreme garage....it is extremely messy. My big roll around tool box just sits there waiting for me to actually pick up my tools off the floor and put them back in the tool box. I've got five 9/16 wrenches and I still cant find one when I need it!

S

·
0 Posts
Some people have way too much time and money!!!!!
Those garages are awsome!....
Another thing, did you notice every guy on that show said they wanted a bigger garage, and the WIFE butted in and said NO! If I was those guys I'd dump those old hags and have an 18 year old polish my hotRODS......lol

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i just saw the last 15 minutes of the show- i saw the desert one and the underground one. i have to say, i wasn't impressed. sure, they got a lot of money into their cars and sheds(yeah- i called them sheds), but i wonder how much they had to do with the actual construction of said sheds and the european cars that are in them? i bet they pay people just to move them around. if i seem a bit jealous, maybe i am. but i have to say, my 12 car shed would not have a bunch of shiny european sports cars- it would be full of american muscle with faded paint, probably in pieces all over the place. hell, i would be happy just to have the 2 car garage the guy in the desert uses to maintain his cars. at least it had a lift...

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16" IROC wheels
see pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik

·
Registered
725 Posts
I like the Southwest (I would get rid of the Kiva and the skull though) one and the underground one. I like that yellow GTB Ferrari. My garage is a shack after looking at those. Some of those Euro cars are cool, but I bet maintenance is a killer.

I got one of those fender covers too. Nice.

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM, fold down seat, tilt wheel, Torque Thrust Wheels, console mounted 8 track player, chambered exhaust, locking gas cap
COMING SOON Corvette tripower, small body HEI, and maybe "842" aluminum heads
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1169124&a=8603468

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
My Car barn is a 80' x 100' Metal building that was taken down out of a Kaiser Hospital parking lot as a Salvage job... We repainted the Iron and put new Tin on it. It's big but its a mess compared to those garages. I have parts stacked everywhere and a wall full of old furniture and other Crap that we for some reason need to save for the next 50 years. Wind blows across the fields here and manages to caver all the cars and bikes with a nice fine layer of dirt. But the Coolest part is when I wanna tear something apart I can always find some place to put all the parts. No matter how much space you have you will always find a way to fill it up.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I worked for a Ferrari dealer and I've known guys just like in the show. But I must say the guys with 8 cars in the garage half of the cars dont even belong to them....Either they store cars for there buddies or they would call a dealer like the one I worked at and request a few cars in the showroom.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts