Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed it last weekend had it running for about an hour and an O2 error code that will not clear. Pulled the sensor and it was carboned up so tried to clean it up to no avail still set a code. Checked it and it is heating up but code is still set.

In checking my lousy welding job on the bung to hold the O2 sensor I think there may be a little leak in a spot or two would this contribute to my problem?

·
Registered
975 Posts
are all your powers and grounds on a sep ckts….do not combine the fast grounds and powers with anything else.

I had that issue with mine...

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wired it exactly as layed out in their instructions.

The O2 code did not set until it flooded out on a start-up that I did not have time to let the motor fully warm up and it ran rich. I read something somewhere to that said make sure there is no leaks around the sensor as it could also throw it off. I am going to re-weld a few spots tomorrow to see if it helps.

·
Registered
975 Posts
mine was rich to so rich it was dripping out of the mufflers, i pin hole or two isn't going to matter much. I wish i could find my emails i had with fast…but i had the issue when i installed mine last year and for me it was a power and ground issue. Then the code would clear and the car ran perfect.

It was soooooo rich, you could see the gas the gauge move..lol In the end the o2 was fine and its still in there.

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kelly, any luck in finding any of the FAST emails? I changed the O2 sensor code still there. They asked me to check some voltages which I did and reported them back just waiting to hear back from them.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Kelly, any luck in finding any of the FAST emails? I changed the O2 sensor code still there. They asked me to check some voltages which I did and reported them back just waiting to hear back from them.
No…darn it, i searched all my emails and its gone. They were very fast in replying. I assume your fuel pressure is right?…does the coolant temp sensor read ok?…

does the engine have a big cam?…are your iac counts correct?..

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have not been to impressed with their product support. One person I talked to there knew less about the system then me. Been trying to make contact with someone that can help me solve this.

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally went onto their live chat line and connected with someone, Gabe, who actually steered me in the direction of checking the height of the pins on the ECU connection as he said they have a tendency of sinking. Leveled them all plugged it back in and problem solved. Now I can get to driving my car!

·
Registered
499 Posts
I finally went onto their live chat line and connected with someone, Gabe, who actually steered me in the direction of checking the height of the pins on the ECU connection as he said they have a tendency of sinking. Leveled them all plugged it back in and problem solved. Now I can get to driving my car!
So was that it, poor terminal connections?

·
Registered
975 Posts

Awesome!!!..nice when its something like that..!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So was that it, poor terminal connections?
Yep. A little hint for anybody doing an install. Rough fit the ECU, pull it off and plug in the connection then put it in its final position. You should avoid the issues I had.

And another note the timed vacuum port is greatly effected by the butter fly position. In doing the setup again I opened up the butter flys and now the vaccum advance on my distributor is not liking it much. I may just disconnect it and see how it runs from there.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Glad to hear it was something relatively simple.
Is it all good now?
Any pics?

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This friggen thing is making me crazy. It did not run so bad the very first time out but many resets later it is running like crap. Feels like it is missing, wants to stall when pulling away from a stop just overall crap.

Guess I will be busy with it this weekend trying to get it working properly.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts