Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1967 Camaro RS/SS 350 Convertible - Original colors of Granada Gold exterior and gold interior.
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it make sense to add AC to a convertible of this era? I have my deceased brother's 67 RS/SS350 and am considering adding AC, but only if I can acquire an original set-up if available. So my questions are:
  • Did anyone install the "Perfect Fit" complete kit from NPD? and was it difficult to install?
  • Does it or will it work very well on a convertible with a black soft-top that has no insulation on the inside of the top?
Thanks for your assistance.

·
13,976 Posts
Perfect Fit from NPD is an aftermarket system. Not even close to original. Similar to Vintage Air and others. They work fine and are way easier to install than trying to retrofit an OEM system in a 1st Gen. And Way cheaper.

·
Registered
1967 Camaro RS/SS 350 Convertible - Original colors of Granada Gold exterior and gold interior.
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect Fit from NPD is an aftermarket system. Not even close to original. Similar to Vintage Air and others. They work fine and are way easier to install than trying to retrofit an OEM system in a 1st Gen. And Way cheaper.
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I should have stated that I want an OEM "look" inside the car. I don't mind cutting out holes for the side or center vents, nor do I mind covering up the firewall with the "Perfect Fit" cover plates. I assume your saying "not even close to original" that you mean it works better than the original, right?

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Vintage Air is the most widely used AC conversion imho. They have factory look controls.

Don

·
13,976 Posts
I would strongly suggest VA but using the factory style vents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts