Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used Factory Fit Wiring sold by Ricks? What did you think of the quality and ease of installation? I need wiring for the whole car, so.. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
405 Posts
M&H Electrical www.wiringharness.com or Factory Fit www.factoryfit.com

Either one is a direct replacement. Just unplug the old and plug in the new. The only problem I have had with a Factory Fit harness is that one of the snap in assemblies for the tail lights was a very loose fit. It would work great until you hit a bump and then it would lose its ground. Not sure if it was their fault or something abnormal about my car... after 36 years you never can tell.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
The shop I "hang" with used Factory Fit/Autowire on a 62 biscayne done recently. What we used was an 18 circuit setup, not specific to any car. The 62 was a complete custom job anyway. We liked the fuse box and the whole "command center" system. Relays, connections, markings, everything in one spot and it was top notch. The install was easy and it looks very nice as well as performs well. We liked it more than the Painless system we have used in the past. Nothing wrong with Painless, but when starting from scratch, this was nicer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I replaced all my of wiring with Factory Fit wiring - worked great! As MytMini says - unplug the old and plug in the new as you go.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All, thanks for the response. I will try them out and let you all know how it goes.

One other question, does anyone know if their engine harness allows you to hook up an HEI, other type of electronic ignition (I am thinking Petronix to avoid any firewall clearance issues) with out cutting it up.

My 70 SS Chevelle had resistor (right term?) in it that did not like HEI and I understand Camaros of this vintage have the same thing so I am wondering what folks have done to aleviate this issue.

Thanks

·
Registered
405 Posts
I ordered my front wiring harnesses from M&H already modified for a CS130 alternator, HEI ignition, and electronic choke.

Just give them a call and I'm sure they can help you out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Factory Fit will also modify the front wiring harness for you. I had mine set up for HEI. Like MytMini says - give either dealer a call and tell them what you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts