Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 SS 427 Clone (my father gave it to me before he died). After installing a new gas tank and sending unit. I plugged in the console tri-gauge set to the after market factory wiring harness and now the fuel/volt meter gauge are pegged out at full and high respectively. Even after disconnecting the electrical connectors, they both stay pegged. I checked all grounds and all is fine. Does anyone have a logical way to trace the problem down?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I think you still have a bad ground. You can check the sender with an ohm meter. It should be about 90 full and about 10 empty. If you ground the sender wire the gauge should go to E.

·
Super Moderator
32,527 Posts
On the two connectors, does the color from the dash harness match those with the console harness, i.e., red to red, blue to blue, etc?
Gauges may be 'jammed' at high position, slap them with your hand.
As Jim suggests, measure the tan wire from the gauge to ground and check for resistance, depending upon fuel level, 0-90 ohms should be indicated on ohmmeter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I tapped the gauge with the connectors removed and they're still stuck. The wiring harness sems to match color for color, although I didn't reasemble the car after it was done. I'll re-check the grounds and ohm the sending unit out tonight and repost the results.
I think I'm going to sell the car, as I have too many muscle cars sitting around.

Thanks,
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts