Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to restore my 1968 Chevrolet Camaro convertible not to its original standards, but to specs that could have existed. I'm wondering if Silver was available as a color choice from the factory for a 1968 Chevy Camaro? It doesn't seem like it, but I see 68's in Silver from time to time. Maybe it was a color released late in the year?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I'm familiar with the chart. I'm just wondering if there were any cars painted Silverstone Silver Poly? Copo's or Dealer special order or whatever?

·
Registered
68 RS L30 AA 749
7,632 Posts
It would be special order for 68. I'm not sure if any color could be ordered or if it had to be a GM color used in that year ? I think the latter. The silver used for 68 Corvette was Cortez silver, same as 69 Camaro, Corvette, etc....

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
^^^ That's what I've always read, GM color could be ordered and a "-" code for paint on the cowl tag. Other than Silverstone on the US chart, GM Canada had Inca Silver Mist Metallic and Silver Beige Mist Metallic.

I kinda like Seafrost Green which is a standard color that is pretty rare and almost silver itself in the right light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts