Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Camaro a few years ago and it had a painted top with the vinyl top moldings.I wondered if the painted top ever came any other color than white and when was it ordered.You see very little about it in the Camaro books.I do see alot of Novas with the painted top option.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
For 1969 two-tone was optional. Combos were:
53/50, 55/50, 65/50, 53/51, 51/53. It seems to be fairly rare, only have a few on the db. The moldings used appear to be identical to vinyl top moldings but had different part numbers. They may not have had the black paint fill in the recessed area.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you ever heard of a Z/28 with this option ? I have been told of a Daytona Yellow Z with White painted top that is going to be for sale but have yet to see it.William where did you get the code info and what should it say on the trim tag.I know you said Yellow was not a option but I wonder if it could be a special paint code ordered car.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
The two-tone codes were RPO for 1969 and can be found in all of the ordering info. The trim tag would show: 53 50 PNT

The page listing color combos has a statement: "This procedure (ordering non-std combos) does not apply to orders that specify a vinyl roof cover or two-tone paint as combinations shown are the ONLY combinations that have been approved." "Only" is actually underlined.

Everything I've seen indicates a Z/28 could be ordered in two-tone. Never seen one.

Claiming an unusual paint combo is easy. Documenting it is nearly impossible as the window sticker and body tag will only show that the car had special painting instructions.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I ordered my first 69 with the Dover
white top and Azure Turq bottom. It was a plain coupe with the 350 255hp motor, 4 speed. Loved that car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.