Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everybody...line up. I did a bad thing. I was doing some cleaning on my dash gauge carrier and pulled the tach out and set it aside. While I was doing something else in the car my granddaughter (3 1/2 yrs old) came in the garage and I heard her say "What's this Pop Pop?" and she had the tach in one hand and tugging at the needle with her other hand and she broke the needle off. Not her fault, but mine, and I should be kicked in the keester(sp) severly for not putting it up higher. Lessen learned here!!!

Anybody know where I can get a replacement needle and how hard is it to take off the center hub? How about a parts tach? Anybody?

Man...oh man! I felt like crying.

Thanks,
Gary

1969 Cortez Silver Z28

·
Registered
46 Posts
OUCH, that hurts. Ya love em but ya want to kill em. Give it a few years, then you will be able to get back at her when she wants to drive it. As far as a needle? you might try E-bay, I have seen small stuff like that before, but mostly the whole tach or speedo. Sorry that it happened.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 78 Camaro LT.

Somebody must have a burned out one somewhere I'm hoping. Been on eBay for a couple of years and haven't seen a needle as of yet. Plenty of tachs, but thats not really the way to go. I'd be stuck trying to sell the tach without a needle after. Maybe I'll go to Kragens and get one...TEE, HEE!

Gary

·
Registered
366 Posts
You may want to check to see if the needle on the speedometer is the same as the tach. If it is, speedometers are much cheaper and more plentiful than tachs.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I read your post and know exactly how you feel. The good news is I have a tach that was burned up, by a wrong wiring diagram, but the face and the needle are fine. E-mail me. [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts