Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY 69 FACTORY TACH IS READING AN ADDITIONAL 1,000 OVER TRUE RPMS, I HAVE IT HOOKED UP TO A CHEVY HEI DIST.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Mine was reading about 1000 RPM too low. Maybe we could have swapped?!?!

It sounds like the meter is fine but you may need a new PCB. "The Tachman" serviced and calibrated mine about a month ago. Fast turnaround and a fair price. Do a search for him. They are located in GA. I would use him again for another project if needed.

-Mark.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I've been told by several people and a tach repair shop that you cannot hook up a factory tach to an HEI distributor just for that reason. There are some shops that can modify your tach so it will work but I went with an aftermarket one from Classic instead of screwing my original one up. I am also using an HEI dist.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I have one that is right on the money and its never been repaired

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I CALLED CLASSIC INDUSTRIES SINCE I BOUGHT IT NEW FROM THEM [OER BRAND] AND THEY SAID AS OF MAY 2003 THEY WILL NOT WORK WITH HEI DIST. BEST PART THEY WILL TAKE IT AS A RETURN SINCE ITS INSTALLED.HOW DO YOU CHECK IF IT WORKS WITHOUT INSTALLING? TALK ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE AFTER YOU SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY BUYING THEIR PARTS.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
That's weird that they said theirs will not work because that was the big selling point that they were making with the OER brand. I bought 2 from Classic Industries 8K 6K red line and they are both hooked up to HEI's. One was about a year ago and another one recently in another 69 were doing. They both work fine. I did hook up my original to test and it seemed to work but bounced around alot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts