Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
I'm seeking a complete factory tilt column assy for a 67 camaro, prefer column shift but will most likely end up
going floor shift,,does anyone have any detailed pics of key identification characteristics of a true factory Camaro tilt column?
like close ups of breackets etc?
Thanks! I appreciate the help

·
Premium Member
4,263 Posts
hi all
I'm seeking a complete factory tilt column assy for a 67 camaro, prefer column shift but will most likely end up
going floor shift,,does anyone have any detailed pics of key identification characteristics of a true factory Camaro tilt column?
like close ups of breackets etc?
Thanks! I appreciate the help
Did you buy a car?

Don

Reactions: Niblet

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I did! woooo hooo!:nerd::surprise:

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Congrats Tim, wheres the pics???

regarding the tilt column, I am curious about that too. I expect to find out later today that I need one. I don't have one currently. Its my thinking that the columns are 67/68 Camaro/Firebird specific and are odd ducks to come across at a reasonable cost and then still need to be rebuilt. I was thinking Ididit. Am I wrong?

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its on a truck heading west at the moment

·
13,725 Posts
Well until we see pics it’s all talk. Haha

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know, that's why I wasn't going to say anything until it was in the garage ;)

·
13,725 Posts
An original tilt for a 67 is hard to find and expensive. Like $2000.

Had same hard time finding one for my 66 Chevelle so I bought an Ididit Tilt column PC black for $550. The install kit is another $250. Very happy with it

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
An original tilt for a 67 is hard to find and expensive. Like $2000.

Had same hard time finding one for my 66 Chevelle so I bought an Ididit Tilt column PC black for $550. The install kit is another $250. Very happy with it
I would pay that for an original,,,I want factory original stuff,,its a fetish I have

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:thumbsup:Thanks, although its not what I originally set out to look for its a "suitable sub"
while I continue to look for an SS350 or 396. its something to get me cruising while I continue to
collect more cars:surprise:

·
13,725 Posts
3 floor shift tilt 67 columns on eBay for under $1000

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
I believe all GM tilt wheels from the era will work, if you can fine one, from a Buick or Olds column shift. I took one out of a Chevy van for my C-10 pick up, a bit longer but no big deal. The car doesn't care where it came from!!!! Nice looking car and have fun with it.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I see them I just wasn't sure if they were the real deal,,,they look a little rough but I could overhaul them I reckon

·
13,725 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts