Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 69 Camaro with a 307/powerglide. The car runs fine but lacks serious power. I just purchased a LT-1/4L60E from a 95 Z-28. I want to sell the 307 and trans and thought it would be a good idea to advertise locally so the buyer could drive the car before I remove it.

The engine is stock except the Pertronix Ignition. The water pump, fuel pump and carb all have less than 5000 miles. The engine has less than 50k since rebuild. The compression is good @165 psi in all cylinders. I believe the rear main seal has a minor leak (leaks a little oil after driving).

What is a fair price for the engine and trans?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info folks. I was hoping the ole 307 would be worth more, but such is life.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
GRScamaro

If the engine or trans are original to the car take Al's advise and stick them in a corner somewhere so you wont have to clonk yourself in the head later on.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i still have the original 307/ the powerglide and the 10 bolt all matching for the car. if you have space for it just keep it. you could always package it with the car if you ever sell it.

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
I kept my 307 powerglide and the 10 bolt is still in the car right now. Never know how much more $$ a numbers matching car will be worth in the future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts