Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure what forum to post this under but wanted to get it out ASAP. A guy in my area that I know had his 69 silver early pre x code Z/28 project on Craigslist a few months ago but it is now sold. Someone out there has taken his old ad and is using it to scam. We first noticed it on a Denver Craigslist post for $6500. but it was gone the next day and now it showed up on a Charleston W. Virginia add for $7200. which was deleted earlier today. I'm sure the crook is trying to get deposits and money up front before removing the ads. We are in the process of trying to report it to Craigslist. I will post a copy of the old ad or picture if I can assuming the original seller still has it. I also know the new owner. Both are very concerned!

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Len,

We appreciate the heads up.

How about posting the complete VIN so that we can keep track of it which will also allow search engines to find this thread?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
This is not uncommon and it happens everyday. I think 99% of us know there is no such thing as a 69 Z28 for 7k. Good looking out for the naive people that exists.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Um sold my 69 Z/28 Cortez Silver Project car with Original Disk Brakes, 8K Tach, Fast Ratio Steering, Console, Gauge Packae and 12-bolt with original 4-Leaf for less than 7K.

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Um sold my 69 Z/28 Cortez Silver Project car with Original Disk Brakes, 8K Tach, Fast Ratio Steering, Console, Gauge Packae and 12-bolt with original 4-Leaf for less than 7K.
Recently? Do you have any more?

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
I wasn't sure what forum to post this under but wanted to get it out ASAP. A guy in my area that I know had his 69 silver early pre x code Z/28 project on Craigslist a few months ago but it is now sold. Someone out there has taken his old ad and is using it to scam. We first noticed it on a Denver Craigslist post for $6500. but it was gone the next day and now it showed up on a Charleston W. Virginia add for $7200. which was deleted earlier today. I'm sure the crook is trying to get deposits and money up front before removing the ads. We are in the process of trying to report it to Craigslist. I will post a copy of the old ad or picture if I can assuming the original seller still has it. I also know the new owner. Both are very concerned!
A car that matches that description was listed in the Augusta GA area early this week and then was deleted. I almost called to check on it. Glad I didn't.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have reported that car 3 different times and got it pulled. It was also in y'alls area a few months back, Ashville listing.

A car that matches that description was listed in the Augusta GA area early this week and then was deleted. I almost called to check on it. Glad I didn't.

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
I bought mine for $8500.00 in 2000.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts