Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To my fellow restoration brethren...I need some advice.

I can't get my original fan shrouds to look nice. I can't even get them to look clean...even after degreaser, dish-soap and brushing, polishing, etc,...they just don't look good.

Anyone have advice?

Thanks in advance!

PS...not interested in purchasing new shrouds.

[This message has been edited by Sleepy-69 (edited 05-14-2002).]

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Sleepy - I clean mine real well with Tide and a pressure rinse, let dry for a couple days in sun - then refinish with a semi flat clear spray (usually) or semi-flat/satin black spray (once).

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
all i did to mine was take it off the car cleaned it with some soap let it dry and then hit it with some flat black engine paint, the 500 degree stuff. its tough paint, i even used it on a plastic model once, worked good.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Try armor all or they have this stuff out now for doing the plastic on bumbers and ground effects kits Mothers make it.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Saw some of that stuff for Matte finish plastic like Bumpers and Ground-effects in the make-it-shiny isle of the parts house the other day - has anyone tried it?

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Why don't you use plastic trim paint? It will look like brand new plastic when you are done.

It's the stuff made for bumpers, plastic trim, etc. It's flexable also.

------------------
1969 Base Camaro
Vortec 355, Perf. RPM, Demon Carb., TH-400
All sheetmetal is NOS GM
See my NEW webpage at: http://www.geocities.com/compuboy007/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.