Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the diff in a 69 fan shroud for a/c and non ac? I just added va and don't have one.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought so too,but they show two plus the big block at groundup.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Speaking of small block engines and fan shrouds, original cars with AC have wider radiators than non-AC cars and the width is reflected in the shroud.

Can you put a wide radiator in a small block without AC? Sure. Just get the wide fan shroud to match.

That's it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kevin,I think u are right,just a little confusing because classic shows 67-69 with ac,and rick's shows just the 21" for 69.I know the 67-68 are thicker than the 69.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
you can use a 68 SBC AC shroud on a 69 SBC with a 23 inch (68 AC) radiator. The only difference you will see is the shroud on th 68 has the engine side edge about 1 inch closer to the engine than the 69 causing the fan to stick a bit further into the shroud if you have a stock fan set up. The difference in shroud depth is to accomodate the difference in water pumps - the 69 using the long pump and 68 the short pump.

·
Premium Member
11,170 Posts
Running the 23" 4 row with a "814" offset shroud on my 69 sbc. Worked well for last 10 years or so. About to swap the factory style radiator for a aluminum stock replacement from Entropy , a sponsor here. Will post install photos later. Unit was shipped few days ago from Chiago.
Made in USA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts