Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have the fast burn 385 with headers that make changing plugs a three to four hour ordeal requiring removal of header on one side. i'm getting too old for that!! does anyone know if z28 exhaust manifolds will fit fast burn heads with angle plugs? any recs on other exhaust manifolds would be helpful also as z28's are hard to find. thanks, chris

·
3,386 Posts
Chris,
Cant answer your question but .... how often are you having to change plugs ? If the engine is tuned properly, they should last years in your average "hot rod" The ones in my Tahoe have 116k on them :)

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Chris,
Cant answer your question but .... how often are you having to change plugs ? If the engine is tuned properly, they should last years in your average "hot rod" The ones in my Tahoe have 116k on them :)
I agree, I haven't touched the ones in my truck 203k.
I can easily pull the plugs out in my Camaro with hedman long tubes, they are excellent for what I paid, held up well, and half the cost of hookers and others which people seem to be having a TON of issues with.
I have aftermarket aluminum heads on my motor too which moved the plugs closer to the tubes than the old iron heads, still easy to do, does require an open end wrench on a few.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts