Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with the fast 2.0? From what i read there could be som clearance issues with the air filter. I would like to use the dropped filter base from my old engine, but i am concerned this won't work. My new engine is arriving any day, and i am trying to be ahead of things as shipping time is an issue for me, living in Norway.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the 1.0 TB, it will fit underneath!
Im using a wire, not the solid rod for throttle!

I see some guys have issues with the Throttle Linkage on the 2.0 TB hitting the base of the aircleaner.

Maybe you have to cut of the linkage og cut the Base!

Regards from Norway!
LarsPerformance

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
It is possible to use an air cleaner spacer if you have room on top of the air cleaner. I had to use one initially with my Retrotek throttle body because my old air cleaner base touched the injector cover and would not let it seat perfectly. Then I got an Edelbrock unit that fit better.

Summit has them starting at 1/2" but I got a 1/4" one off ebay.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/air-filter-assembly-spacers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi it is true the linkage does rub on air cleaner i added a one inch spacer works fine and every thing fits great.How do you like the efi?.I find mine has a few issues from time to time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for good info guys.
I will try to order a 1" spacer. I guess that in combination with a 1" dropped base i will get extra clearance for the throttle linkage, and keep the filter at the same height. If it comes to it, i will cut the arm as necessary.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi it is true the linkage does rub on air cleaner i added a one inch spacer works fine and every thing fits great.How do you like the efi?.I find mine has a few issues from time to time.
I haven't tried it yet. The engine has been stucked in customs since before easter. Starting to wonder if the oilpan has been filled up with heroin :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts