Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a X22 396 4 speed with air conditioning car to restore. Iv done many cars but were Mostly Mopars. My 16 year old asked to do a car with me and this is what we got. I have done a few Camaros for other people but was Body and Paint. Ill be asking lots of Camaro questions.... Thanks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,606 Posts
Welcome, Reflections.
Quality time coming your way.

Make a logbook of the work/parts/changes you do to the Camaro - it will be invaluable later in life.

Has Daughter named her yet?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes she did. haha zoboomafoo

She has seen me do many other cars but she asked to do this one. Im lucky my wife likes it too.

A question ? I want to post more pics. How do I do that it says Im out of space already. Do I need to hyper;ink from someplace. Long time ago I used photobucket ??

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
A question ? I want to post more pics. How do I do that it says Im out of space already. Do I need to hyper;ink from someplace. Long time ago I used photobucket ??
You can do the hyperlink, although a better option is to just put down a little coin to become a Member here and then you can post away!

This is a fantastic storyline as we don't get too many daughters interested in the hobby.

Best!

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Welcome to the site! This is a project that will have benefits for a lifetime. Best of luck!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thats awesome! Congrats on the project! Wish my dad and I did something like that when I was 16! I could've had the experience working with him on it and I could be driving it now and it would have a LOT more meaning to me than the Camaro I drive now! VERY cool!!

Oh and I second/third the Photobucket thing for pictures. I usually put a direct link to my photo bucket pics and it workes great!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I really hope my 6 yr old daughter is still interested in hanging out with her dad in the garage (and riding dirtbikes, my other hobby) when she's a teenager. Congrats, that is awesome.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone. I went and made a photobucket account. I already have a few questions I need to post. Again Thanks

Oh and the Daughter thing, I am so blessed they both want to hang out with Dad and the only reason for doing this car is she asked if we could build something together.

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Welcome. Looks like a good project. Does the car have any of its original drivetrain (engine, transmission or rear axle)? Just curious.

If you want you can add a signature line with your name or nickname. Makes it easier to have a conversation.

You will also find a lot of good information on the CRG site.

Here is some 69 Camaro specific information, but there is information all over.
http://www.camaros.org/diffs69.shtml

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks bcm yes the rear end and trans is matching numbers. I am a complete idiot on knowing what it is but the numbers match the vin.

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Send me a pm or an email if you want help with any numbers. I will do what I can to help out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice project. I also hope my daughter is still into car projects when she is a teenager. She constantly asks to work on the 67 we have now (she is almost 4). She probably knows more about a sbc than a vast majority of people probably today. Her asking keeps me motivated to get it going this summer, so we dont miss another summer of driving it.

·
19,901 Posts
I remember when my Daughter was little and wouldn't go near the car.....too loud.

Now she thinks its hers at 16.:noway:

l:) Oh Heck no !!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts