Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1967rsss rag.....my horn doesnt work any more. I am driving and notice that my horn only "clicks" with no other sound. I get concerned and figure maybe battery or charging, I check the charging, seems all aok. I take out the optima yellow top battery and get it tested, the auto place says aok. Any ideas before i open the wallet.?
On another note, i put a charger on the battery and left overnight....the next day, the needle is a 0......??? I ask the guy who's testing my battery and he says many chargers will say 0 on a fully charged battery? Does this sound right?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yes, or you can run a 12v lead from the battery and touch the terminal of the horn momentarily. If it honks then your problem is not the horn. If it doesnt, then yes bad horns. Also, giving the horns a good whack can sometimes bring them back to life. But like Al says, if you hear the click, its most likely bad horns. You say, how can they both go bad at the same time? They dont. You lose one and dont really notice it. It could be bad for years but you dont notice it until the other one fails. Ask me how I know. :yes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts