Team Camaro Tech banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
February 2016 RIDE of the MONTH Entries!

The February ROTM is sponsored by
Prizes include
T-shirts, hats, license plate, decals, NOS GM sales brochure or other period marketing items from Rick's personal collection, and a $100 gift certificate!

Important Dates

NOMINATIONS:
Now through January 15th: Please post your entries and pictures in this thread. Submissions posted after 23:59 hours (11:59 pm) Pacific Time on the 15th will not be included in the competition

VOTING:

January16th through January 27th: A poll will be added to this forum on the 16th containing the nominations. All members will get the chance to vote on their favorite. The person with the most votes by MIDNIGHT PACIFIC the 28th of January will be the winner for the month of February!

Note changes in photos used to enter your ride.

Rules for nominations
Cars that are currently up for sale may not be nominated!
All nominations:
Must post three (3) Recent photos sized to 640 x 480 pixels.
These three (3) photos must be of the mandatory views listed below.

• one front/side angle (drivers side preferred)
  • one interior shot taken from the open door
  • one over all engine bay picture.

Optional: A fourth photo (not required to enter) of any angle - dead on rear view, or front, or any other aspect of your ride you want to showcase, especially if you are a resto-mod-pro-street entry and have mods listed in your entry such as trunk customizations, or sound systems, wheels, paint detail etc.

Note: NO collages, No slide show links, No videos, and lastly No nudity.

In addition for Resto/Mod vehicles:
Must include a list of the vehicles current Modifications.
Final Notes

• Pictures must be of current state of car with the only exception being seasonal photos with winter tires on.
  • Parts currently for sale or waiting to be installed may not be included in your listing.
  • If your wheels/tires/suspension/etc. are currently up for sale, even if still on car, they cannot be listed in the mod list.
  • No "Future Modifications" either used to pad your listing.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Nobody? I assume your dates are Jan 15th not December?

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it was and nobody. I have had to beat the bushes the past few months to get any entries, let alone five to be a real competition. So I guess we go back into the cave until spring wakes up some interest.

·
11,348 Posts
The key is the "recent picture" clause :) I tried to get my 69 out for some fall pics, but it was a tough fall family wise. Now it is locked on the lift by the in-laws stuff (underneath) that had to be cleared out to sell the their house. Now the salt trucks have been out. My car won't see daylight until April :(

But all those southern Camaros can still get out for a pic! Come on guys, there should be some Florida, Texas, Arizona, southern CA Camaros that can enter!

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Just like any car show Kevin. My 68 Z didn't win when I entered but there were some damn nice cars that month plus I take crappy pics which does not help. I cant put my wife in the pics either(I would win!)
I have voted for your car FWIW, I dig the color and its stance.
Nobodys laughing except at Everett's!!!

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kevin I hear you. Originally I had hoped that the interest here would be cult like since we have over a thousand people logged on at any given time on average - 700 right now at 0745 hours - and that would allow categories each month so the really great but non flashy plain Jane factory car would not look bad against some mega millions resto mod. But sadly most months never generate over a 100 or so votes, and interest in nominating is feast or famine. I understand in the great white north and northern US many cars are under wraps but that's less that half the USA, and there are tons of members in the south and southwestern states where its warm all year.

Monday is Blue Monday 2016 - The most depressing day of the year so I understand the lack of enthusiasm - I'll leave the nominations for February open another couple days to see if five cars step forward.

·
Premium Member
8,048 Posts
I cant put my wife in the pics either(I would win!)
No you wouldn't because then I could put my wife in the pics. :p

·
Premium Member
8,048 Posts
I hope this isn't the last of the ROTM I was looking forward to finally getting it entered after hopefully completing it this spring...:(
I was looking forward to an excuse to clean my car... now I don't have any reason to and that makes me sad.:pout:

Seriously, though, after the 200r4 swap, EFI and turbo in about 2 more years then hopefully I can win one of these darn things!

Seems guys here don't like a measily 250 hp...

OK, fine, so I'm missing 2 pistons, 2 rods, and a head.

·
14,303 Posts
How about taking the top 3 runner ups from the previous month rolled over as entrants in the following month?

That IMO would keep the ball rolling.

·
Premium Member
8,048 Posts
One suggestion, how about a theme during the winter months? only 6cyls, only 67s or 68s or 69s, etc. Projects, Pro tours, Pics of wives :), etc?
All 3 of us?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
if no entries for this month, take last place for the last 5 months excluding me and you will have your candidates
make someone happy that don't have as much money to spend as others, but cherish their ride just as much

·
Registered
921 Posts
I love the ROTM...I vote every time. KEEP IT GOING. I'm waiting for the day to have mine back together and enter.

·
14,303 Posts
How about taking the top 3 runner ups from the previous month rolled over as entrants in the following month?

That IMO would keep the ball rolling.
yes? no? what do you guys think?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.