Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!!
Can anyone tell me the distance from the crease to the top of the "C" on the Camaro fender emblem? Is the distance the same, on both sides? I need to know, soon. The car is at the painter's and I need to drill before he paints.
Thanks,

·
Registered
955 Posts
You can order the templates from Rick's First Generation. The measurements are also in the Factory Assembly Manual. I can give you the measurments this evening.

------------------
69 SS, 350, 4 Speed
75 400, 4 Speed
93 Z28, 6 Speed

·
Registered
501 Posts
GM was far from exact on this one. Check the location of your right vs. your left emblem. I bet it's a little different locale.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem with the assembly manual is that it bases it's dimensions off some imaginary reference line. That reference line does not relate to any body reference point, such as a crease, top or bottom of fender, etc. If "15" meant 15" from the top or bottom of the fender, I could use the layout to drill the holes.

Interesting note. I superimposed the left side and right side dimensions off the reference manual, and they do not line up with each other. I forget which was which, but one set made the script level, and the other made the script to slant up from left to right.
I appreciate anyone who is sure their emblems are in the correct position, and will post the measurement from the centerline of the crease to the top of the "C". The reason I ask for both sides, is that I'm not sure the crease is level. If it is not, then the diminsions for each side would be different.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure the templates are great. i just didn't want to spend $20 for a single dimension. Since I also have to drill for the Yenko emblem, I made a template by scaling a photo of Brian Henderson's original. I took measurements of several concours cars, to locate the emblem, left and right. I just neglected to get the elevation dimension.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I don't have a 69 fender, but I talked to a buddy of mine that has a driver side. He didn't have an emblem for it, so I got the measurements for the mounting holes. The measurements that he gave me are from the center of the speed line.
The hole toward the front of the car is 4-3/8"
The hole furthest to the rear is 4".
These dimensions were taken using a piece of paper held at the speed line center, and tight to the body. Holes were then punched, and measurments taken.
Of course, there are 2 other holes between these, but I figured that you could locate the emblem with just these two.

[This message has been edited by Kyvox (edited 02-27-2002).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts