Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who currently has the best fitting aftermarket fenders for a 1969 Camaro? What brand.

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
I bought an AMD Norwood sure fit. It sure didn't fit. I used it for patches on my original fender.

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
I gapped the car with the original fender. Hood, door, and windshield molding gaps all great. The problem with the original was it was bent up at the headlight housing. So I figured I would buy a new fender as the headlight housing on mine was bent in both the outer and inner structures. The new AMD fender cam and looked fine. I installed it and the door gap was almost two inches out of alignment when the hood was in alignment. The top of the fender was off at the windshield. The only way to fix it was to remove the bracing and tweak and re weld. Not worth it to me. I cut the headlight bucket out of the new fender and welded it on the old feeder. Problem then fixed.

·
11,624 Posts
When I had my Orange car restored, I had to use a repro fender on the pass side. Body guy had to do a lot of work to get it to fit. Most of the work was cutting and rewelding the supports to fix "fender droop" (search that on this site) and where the plastic grill surround met the fender. A lot of bondo had to be used to get it close, but was never as good as the GM fender on the driver side. Fix your used GM fenders!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts