Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm in the process of adding the fiber optics back to my 68 rs/ss conv. 396 car and have some questions that I'm hoping someone can anwser. The previous owner took everything off so I'm starting fresh with used parts. I have mounted the indicators on the fenders but am not sure which fiber optic cable goes to which light and how? I have a green(turnsignal?), clear(headlight?), and blue light(?) :confused: . Since this is an R/S car the turn signal indicators dont have a spot to put the fiber. I do see a spot on the headlight connector. Please help. I just got the chrome covers rechromed and would like to get these connected. Does anyone have a rear indicator? I'll trade a hardtop one for a convertible.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The clear is headlight. The green is for turn signals. The blue is for high beam used only on cars with a 4-headlight system, like Impala so it's obviously left open on Camaro. All the headlight wiring harnesses (or at least the original ones) have a center small port hole for the optic line to connect to. Are you sure it's not present on yours? As far as the RS turn signal assy's, there's an adapter that mounts into the lamp assy then the optic line (with the crimpted on end) fits into that. Unless you can find original turn signal assy's set up for optics your best bet is to fabricate something to fit. One idea is that the 68-69's used fiber optics ashtray lights and there is a small plastic holder that fits into the top of the ashtray holder. Just a thought. May work. Last thing, there are 3 different styles of optic lines for the front: 68 std, 68 RS and 69. All have different lenth lines for the parking lights. Be sure your's are long enough to reach down to the RS light assy's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts