Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
?? One of my Camaros came with the Fiber Optics option. Nothing left but one benzel on the passenger finder. I found one from a dual headlight Chevelle. Question is can this be made to work on a Camaro by blocking off one set of headlights??
Jeff 67/68 & 69 RS's
65 442

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Jeff, you can use it. Open up the rubber end and remove the fiber optic lead that goes to the high beam indicator(usually blue in color). Take a Q-tip with some acitone and remove the blue coloring from the bezel.

·
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks DANZO.
DjD, Thanks also Just wasnt sure what catagory Fiber Optics would be under.
Checked out the sites as recemmended, some of the links wont open
no problem Ill give the guy the $150 for the Chevelle system he is asking.

Jeff 67/68 & 69 RS's
65 442

[This message has been edited by HawaiianCamaro (edited 11-17-2001).]

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have to completely redo my fibre optics on my 69 everything is there but some of he fibre line are cut. Do i have to replace the fibre lines? Is there any good articals on this type of project?

------------------
Barry
70 1/2 RS Z-28
69 Z-28 Crossram
69 RS SS 396 Convert
69 RS ProStreet 638 G.M.
70 LS6 Chevelle

·
Registered
80 Posts
Barry,you can repair the lines.I've done it in the past.You need to strip the insulation, just like a wire,and push the fibers together.After the fibers are meshed use a electrical tape to hold them together.All you need to do is get the light to shine from one fiber to the next,nothing magical.It may not look 100% correct,but if the line is tucked out of place it will not be noticed.Check full size Caddys and Buicks (circa 1975)for the line if you don't feel like fixing the problem.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts