Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched on this and did not find an answer. Does anyone know if Fiero seats will directly bolt into a first gen? The rear seat in my 67 was redone before I bought the car and still looks decent. My front seats are trashed and since I can't afford to do the whole interior right now, I figured I get a set of Fiero seats from the local junk yard.

If I have to do some modifications that's no problem, but I don't want to do major surgery.

------------------

Racer#00

Plain Jane 67
76 Trans Am Stock Car
74 Z28 (Basket case)

·
Registered
966 Posts
I have heard that fiero seats will work without much difficulty. I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Those seats are nice since they have speakers in the headrests, which will go well in my convertible.

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
I don't know if they will work, but do me a favor. If you try it e-mail me and let me know how they fit. I have a local yard near me. The guy just might let me take them and see if the work. I could be e-mailing you.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found an ad in the paper where a guy is parting out an 84. The seats are grey and he wants $25.00 dollars for both. I'll be looking at them tonight. I'll post and let everyone know if they will fit.

------------------

Racer#00

Plain Jane 67
76 Trans Am Stock Car
74 Z28 (Basket case)

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Honda seats have nice bolstering, too. Saw a great setup in an old pickup but I don't know the model they came out of. Should be plentiful.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, it's been raining heavy the past two days now and I haven't been able to get out there to see them yet. Will post when I do.

------------------

Racer#00

Plain Jane 67
76 Trans Am Stock Car
74 Z28 (Basket case)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I saw and bought the seats. They are in excellent condition, and I only gave $25.00! The drivers side has 2 small holes that can be fixed. The seats look exactly like the picture in the link above.

They will not directly bolt in though!! A quick measurement on the Fiero seats shows that the seat brackets are fine width wise, but are about an inch too short length wise. It shouldn't be too hard to modify though. BTW, my e-mail has been down at home, so if anyone did e-mail me, that's why I haven't responded.

Don't know how they will feel in the car, but for $25 bucks, what the hell.

------------------

Racer#00

Plain Jane 67
76 Trans Am Stock Car
74 Z28 (Basket case)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm far away from mounting the seats right now. I've got my entire car apart. I just finished sandblasting the sub-frame today. I will be trial fitting the seats tomorrow and I'll post my ideas about mounting them.

------------------

Racer#00

Plain Jane 67
76 Trans Am Stock Car
74 Z28 (Basket case)

[This message has been edited by Racer#00 (edited 06-03-2001).]

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just wanted to update anyone who is interested in using these seats. I just finshed the seat bracket mods this weekend
and bolted them in the car.

As I stated earlier, the seat would not bolt in direct. The front bolted in perfect, but the back was way off. I ended up using the brackets off my stock seats and welding flat steel to the back of the track and drilling new holes.

The Fiero bracket mounting holes on the seats measured 14" center to center. The stock Camaro seat brackets were not long enough to mount to the Fiero seats, so the trusty MIG welder got a little work out.
I added about three inches and drilled new holes. Painted the brackets and bolted them on.

I actually like how low the seat sat with the Fiero brackets, but I can live with what I got now.

Just letting you guys know what I came across.

------------------

Dean

Racer#00

67 Camaro (Almost done!)
76 Trans Am Stock Car
68 Dodge D-100 P/U

1 - 13 of 13 Posts