Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain to me why Fiero car seats seem so popular in first generation camaros??? Does any one have any in their car, and if so, do you recommend them?

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I had them in a 72 nova. I think they are popular because they are pretty easy to find and they look good. They go fairly easy, and have speakers in the head rest. Personally I think they are a little out dated now. My brother is using them in the new car he is building and he had them in his chevelle he use to have, he cut the headrest off so the seat wasn't so tall, it looked good.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where do you usually buy old Fiero Car Seats? Do you usually go to the junk yard or do you buy them from a wholesaler. I'm just curious...I have not even seen a good picture of a Fiero Car Seat. There are plenty in magazines but they do not show the whole seat...Any suggestions?

Thanks..

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I bought mine from a junkyard. But I've also seen them for-sale at swap meets all the time. My parents run an upholstery shop so they have a few set they've aquired for future customer cars. If I get some pics scaned of my brothers seats I'll send them to you. He's building a 50 Chevy that is going to be awesome.

·
Registered
567 Posts
They are popular because the original cars they came in did not last long enough for the seats to wear out! LOL.

Actually, we had a set in a pickup and they are very comfortable.

------------------
------------------
Mark

1992 Firebird 355/Six Speed (Soon to be LT1)
1991 RS 350 / 700-R4
1987 Toyota Pickup 383 / 500 + HP 10.963 @ 119.95 Slicks / 11.997 @ 114.23 Radials
"Speed KILLS, so drive a FORD and live forever!"
http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/~racer383/

Member of the "unwanted" 3rd Gen group.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Street rodders like Fiero seats because they sit flat. Most cars the floor pans are not the same height, so the brackets underneath are different lengths.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts