Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great to be a part of this forum finally. Picked up my dream car over the weekend. 69 SS clone with a 327. Metallic burgundy although not my favorite is very clean. I can live with it for some time until I can paint it. Can't believe I finally have one. Car did have a frame off restoration sometime in the recent past but still needs some things like A/C (live in southern California), some kind of tranny upgrades for highway, maybe some aftermarket seats (I'm 6'5") and some suspension work (lower front end with some coil overs). Overall I am very happy with the purchase.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Congrats, you picked the best year!

I remember the excitement when I first got my 69 Camaro home. Over 15 years have gone by and it still puts a smile on my face.

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
Nice car Pat!

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Congrats and welcome.
I have a 6’8” son and a 6’6” son. I trial fit some interior combinations to see if i can fit them. The seats cant be higher than stock. I need 3” extenders. The console has to go. Neither of them cared about a tilt wheel. Two inch extenders are in the catalogues. You may want to try that first.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I have some 2 inch extenders you can have for the shipping costs. I posted them in the classified section. I upgraded to 4" extensions and like them better due to the added leg room. I'd recommend the 4" extension for the height of your sons

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Fantastic! I hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Welcome to the site, Pat! Nice looking car.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Got (one of) my dream car 41 years ago! 69 RSSS Vert, Lemans/Blk Comfortweave, AC, titl, gauges, SB auto, still have it. Enjoy your ride and welcome.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thinking about going the cortez silver route with the same black stripes would be ideal or maybe white with black stripes.

·
Super Moderator
32,466 Posts
Welcome, Pat, to the Club. Nice ride and be sure in enjoying her.

·
14,011 Posts
69 the best year. 67 was 1st and the 68 was practice to make the 69 Perfect.

I really like the Burgundy and Black Stripe

Reactions: 68Tiger and Z282NV

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, where did you find it? Craigslist, Facebook marketplace, forum classifieds? Everything I have been finding lately is at dealerships.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I found it on the Hemmings website. It was at a Glendale, CA private car collectors warehouse. He said he was selling it to make room for other vehicles.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts