Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hurray: :hurray: Finally got it done! Thank you pacecar Jeff for the help with the last seatbelt. My wife finished the last seat tuesday. She looks really good. I'm happy. Only thing left to do is stick on the camaro emblems on the door panels. I"m going to swap out the engine this weekend for one that I just took out of my Chevelle. It's a great running 327. The 327 that's in the car is not holding good oil pressure. So I'm going to pull it out and take a look at the bearings. If the engine is bad I won't feel so bad for the last owner who sold me the car for $8,500.00. But I still think I got a bargin! My 7 year old grandson can't wait to take his first ride. My son drive it for the first time to the hardware store this last week and that's when car wasn't holding good oil pressure.AND I got the horn to work today, I'm good with engines but wiring is not my strong point. I'm still struggling with the wipers. They work all the time and I don't even have a wiper switch in the car! But I'll get it eventually, I hope.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Nice job Harold !! It will take a few trips out to find the quirks of the car. If the oil pressure is low, best to get that taken care of so you can enjoy the warm weather cruisein :)

Kev

·
Registered
968 Posts
looks great.

you better give your wife a big kiss, because i just recovered my seats myself and it was a pain lol.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
:hurray: :hurray: Finally got it done! Thank you pacecar Jeff for the help with the last seatbelt. My wife finished the last seat tuesday. She looks really good. I'm happy. Only thing left to do is stick on the camaro emblems on the door panels. I"m going to swap out the engine this weekend for one that I just took out of my Chevelle. It's a great running 327. The 327 that's in the car is not holding good oil pressure. So I'm going to pull it out and take a look at the bearings. If the engine is bad I won't feel so bad for the last owner who sold me the car for $8,500.00. But I still think I got a bargin! My 7 year old grandson can't wait to take his first ride. My son drive it for the first time to the hardware store this last week and that's when car wasn't holding good oil pressure.AND I got the horn to work today, I'm good with engines but wiring is not my strong point. I'm still struggling with the wipers. They work all the time and I don't even have a wiper switch in the car! But I'll get it eventually, I hope.

The car looks great. One question though...where did you get the ferrules for the door locks. The ones I received form the parts house were just plastic junk. Thanks man...car looks really nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts